A Show about Cake

Saturday 31 May 2014

In April I took myself off to the Cake International show at the London Excel Centre (only to be met by not just fellow enthusiastic bakers, but also by a few thousand marathon runners, registering for the 26.2 mile challenge of endurance. It was the day before, after all).
It was the first time I have been to such a show, and I must say, I had a thoroughly wonderful time. Being in a place which is dedicated to baking and decorating, with a whole myriad of goodies to see and buy, is my idea of heaven. It is my equivalent of a child being in a sweetie shop. These kind of shows serve as inspiration because the products on offer can open up a whole world of ideas to try. I made a few purchases, but honestly, I could have gone home laden down with bags full of treasures!
However, I showed remarkable constraint, and took home with me what I knew would be most useful now, and in the near future.
Unbeknownst to me, there was also an exhibition of decorated cakes made for competition, which was a lovely surprise. Oh my, there is so much talent and creativity in this country. I was in absolute awe at some (well, actually all) of the cakes on show, and below are my personal favourites that I wanted to share with you.


 

 


  An idea for next Easter
Beautiful Wedding cakes.....
.....and wedding favours


Two of my favourite stalls


And what came home with me.....

I hope you have enjoyed my little resume of my day out, and I am already looking forward to the next show. 



No comments:

Post a Comment